Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I leave one week from today!‏

It's official I leave one week from today! So crazy! Mom and Dad I am flying out on tuesday on a Delta flight to Atlanta around 9:30. I have a 4 hour layover and then get into San Juan at 11:30 where my mission president will pick me up. I will get to call you from the airport but I don't know when yet. I think I can call you whenever so the best time will probably be during my layover. Sorry I don't have the flight details with me right now but I will try to write them down because I know you will want to know when my layover is so when I will be calling.

Anyway, thanks for the packages! They were great. Hermana Rocha loved the cheese. We put it on top of our salads that night at dinner. Sorry my email was so scattered last time there is just so much to say and not enough time to say it. Thanks for the dear elders Mom, Erin and Dad. I loved them so much. Especially for your advise Erin and the scripture you shared Dad, they really helped me a lot. Even though I love it here I'm not going to lie I'm a little overwhelmed. Not necessarily with the language but with the fact that I am leaving one week from today and we have only been here a week and a half. There is so much still to learn and practice. It's been neat though to see how Hermana Rocha and I are improving in teaching the lessons, we are getting better each time and I am getting more confident with giving them in Spanish. We have also been going to the Referral Center where you can talk to people that have requested Book of Mormons or DVDs or you can chat with people who get onto Mormon.org and use the chat feature to ask questions. The first time we went I was really scared because we were talking to real people. But I have gotten better and I was able to send the missionaries to a lady the other, and had a long chat with a man about the plan of salvation and the atonement (with my companion and roommates around helping me on what to say) and he said he didn't want the missionaries but would try to go to church the next sunday. I am getting better at not being so nervous and worried about saying the wrong thing. I just can't believe that we only have a few days left.

My district is awesome! I love everyone in it and we are all becoming great friends. We are all going to different places, all nine of us, Vegas, South Carolina, Chicago, San Diego, Colorado, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, and Kentucky. I am going to be with Hermana Rocha the whole time here and as of tomorrow Hermana Ruiz will be back with us because Hermana Ricks is leaving. So threesome again. There are never enough hours in the day here to do anything, we are going from class to large group meetings, gym eating and then suddenly it is ten o'clock. I wish I had a few more weeks here to get to the scriptures more and practice the 3, 4, and 5 lessons but oh well I'm still excited. One of my teachers, Hermana Walters, served in my mission so we hear about it quite a bit and I am getting excited.

Sunday was pretty neat because Kristen Oaks came for relief society and Sheri Dew came for the weekly sunday fireside. Sheri Dew gave one of the best talks I have ever heard. She based it off of Abraham 1 i think verse 3 and which says that we should work towards being a greater follower of righteousness and seak out greater knowledge. She said that no matter where we are in our lives we should try to do this. Read the scripture it does it more justice than I can. Also she talked about how satan tries to attack us in three ways, trying to get us forget who we are, not understand how to use the atonement in our lives, and not understanding the gift of personal revelation. She told us that if we 1. Know that we are children of our Heavenly Father 2. Know how to use the atonement in every aspect of our lives, both with repentance and also when we have trials and 3. We understand how to receive personal revelation then we can do anything. I love that! After her fireside we watched the Joseph Smith movie that they show at temple square which was really neat because Hermana Rocha had never seen it before.

Sorry the clock is running down! This is so stressful. But I just want to tell you all I love you and thanks for the letters and packages. Rachel and Abby I want to hear from you too. I don't have your email Rach so someone forward this and then send it to me.

Also I don't have my Puerto Rico Address. Haha, I left it for you and didn't bring it here. Can you send it to me in a DearElder? I would like to give it to some people here. Tell everyone hi. Sorry I can't write more. No email next week because I will be traveling but I will call hopefully.

Love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment