Thursday, August 5, 2010

Halfway through my mission!

Hey Everyone,
PDay was changed again. Becuase it is transfer week. Transfers are tommorrow but we still haven't heard if either one of us is going. We are waiting for the phone call so if they call I guess I'll have to run home and pack pretty fast. So I just remembered that you are probably all in San Francisco. I hope you have fun.

Well this week has been pretty crazy. We've been having a hard time getting set appointments with our investigators, lots of cancelling or some of our investigators lost interest. We have a few awesome youth that are still coming but their parents aren't too thrilled about it and we haven't been able to teach them on a regular basis but we are praying hard for them becuase they are amazing. But after a pretty hard week, we started our fast saturday afternoon. We were praying hard that we would be able to find a more people to teach because we hadn't found very many people knocking doors lately. Before going to knock we prayed to know where we should go to knock doors. Hermana Rodriguez thought of place that she had been thinking about for a few days but we were never close by but she felt that we should go there. Well, the very first house that we called at a young girl named Lisa came out and after I started talking to her, I'm not kidding after only saying about 5 words, I could see her face and I just knew that she would let us in and I don't know how to describe it but I also knew that I she would accept a baptism invitation. We had been practicing this week to teach more with the spirit and focusing on teaching the doctrine of Christ as President has asked us to do. The difference was amazing. The spirit was very strong, it was one of the best first lessons I have had on my mission. Well her twin sister Gina joined us in the lesson and at the end they both accepted baptism dates. Their older brother was listening to the missionaries 5 years ago. We are so excited to keep working with this family. The next day sunday we found another really amazing family that we have an appointment with tonight. I know that Heavenly Father helps us find those people that are prepared to receive the gospel. I am really thankful for the spirit that comes with fasting and prayer. The mission is amazing!

Well it's hard to believe but tomorrow is my 9 month mark! So weird. It is going by really fast and I can't believe that I've been here that long. I still feel like there is so much to learn and I don't want it to go by too fast. Anyway let me know how everything is going over there. Sorry once again I won't be able to read your emails this week. Soon things will get back to normal and p-days will be on wednesday. Anyway I love you all. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment