Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Juncos!

Hey Everyone! So I just got transferred. I'm in Juncos. I am still not even exactly sure where that is on the map. Haha. It's on the east side of the mission. My first time venturing to what was formerly the east mission. Once again I am in campo or country. My companion is named Hermana Palmer, she's from Arizona. She's tall and blond and she has only one transfer before she is going home. It was a huge surprise that I was getting transferred. I thought for sure that I would stay in Adjuntas since I just had one transfer there and since Hermana Angel has been there so long. But we got the call last night so I threw everything in the suitcases and here I am. It's super weird but I am excited to see what this next transfer will bring.


Erin! Wow, 3 writing awards. I am so excited for you. Really, as I read the emails from you and mom and I was super excited I can't wait to read your stories. After working so hard this last semester and with being so sick, you deserve it. I'm really excited for you. Sounds like everything is going well at home. Hope everything works out, Dad, with the new office. Rach, thanks for the short email. haha. I hope you had a great birthday. What did you do? How's the new semester going at BYU. Wow, I can't believe the time is going by so fast. Tell everyone hi for me. I got a letter from Jennie Lloyd. You'll have to tell everyone their family hi for me and all the cousins too. It's weird to see the christmas cards, everyone is so grownup.

This last week has been super stressful, crazy and great. First, Juan will be getting baptized this friday. Wow, that was an adventure. At first we were a little stressed because I didn't not feel comfortable teaching someone that fast. I've never liked or wanted to be the kind of missionary that teaches and baptizes someone so quickly that they really don't have a testimony and they go inactive afterwards. It's still quite funny that a member that isn't even from our ward extended a baptism date for us and we didn't even know! Trust me we spent a lot of time, thinking and praying. Praying so much to know what to do. But we went ahead and taught him almost every day for the last week and a half. We moved the baptism date a few days later but we feel good about it. He really is ready. He knows everything and he is living all the commandments. He has prayed and he knows it's true after years of being interested about the church and reading about it he knows that its true. Members had already invited him to stop drinking coffee and when we taught him for the first time he had already stopped. He just knows that its true, he's prayed about it and knows that this is what he wants to do. And since he's been to church already a lot he has the support of the members. It's been quite the humbling experience for me to say, okay it's true, maybe he really is ready. Miguel and Natalie got married thurdsay. Wow, it was really stressful and great. But now there are problems with the paperwork. The process here is super crazy. They are missing some birthdates of his children and a few signatures of the witnesses. Including one of our members spending three hours in the office trying to figure it out and if they don't get it all worked out the blood tests will expire and they'll have to start the process over again! So we are praying really hard that it all works out so they can get the paperwork turned in and can have their baptism interview tomorrow. If not it will have to cancelled again. I'm sure none of that makes sense, sorry. But if you could keep Miguel and Natalie in your prayers that would be great. I hope it works out. It was sad to leave just before they were all getting baptized but I'm glad that Hermana Angel will get to stay. She's been working with them for so long, so I'm glad she'll get to be there to finally see them get baptized.

Well I guess we'll see how this new area is. President is starting a new thing where the elders are not allowed to teach single woman. So we are going to be covering the entire stake, teaching whatever investigators that the elders have that are single women or single moms. It will be interesting teaching many investigators all over the place that don't go to our ward. We will be covering very large areas including working in our own area. I'm really excited to work with Sister Palmer. I've always thought it would be really fun to be her companion. Even last night, Hermana Angel asked me who I would like to be my new companion and I said Hermana Palmer and look here I am. So we'll see how this new transfer works out.

Just so you know, I'm feeling a lot better. I think the thyroid medication is working because I don't notice anymore and I don't even notice me back or my neck hurting anymore. Every once in awhile they feel tight or I'll wake up and feel a little sore but really I forget it even happened. So don't worry about me. Life is good! Love you all a ton. Tell everyone hi for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment