Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Leaving Bayamon

Hey Everyone,
Thanks for the emails this week and for updating me on my friends around the world. Its always good to hear from people. Sounds like you are all doing really good. Mom, your email/blog always makes me really hungry and wish that I had the time to try out some of your recipes they look really good. Unfortunately there is very little time and we don't have an oven right now but keep sending me stuff maybe one day on a p-day I can try them out. Sounds like things are going good at home. Erin, I was laughing for like 5 minutes when I read your story about trying out your new road bike. Haha. Sounds like you are able to have a lot more free time. What are your plans for picking up Rachel in England? Where are you all going? I want to hear all about where you are going and if you happen to go to any places that I went to a few years ago. Sounds like it will be a really fun trip. So exciting!

I am being transfered tomorrow. I don't know where yet or who my companion will be because we are having a transfer meeting tomorrow and they are going to tell us everything. I am really sad to leave Bayamon. It is a really great ward. I am going to miss the people here a lot. Its my first area and wow, believe it or not I have been here a little more than 4 months. Its sad to leave everyone especially when you know you probably won't see them again :( But at the same time I know that it is time to go and I've been here long enough that people start to recognize me, there are some people that we have contacted three maybe four times. I'll let you know next week where I end up.

Well this week was pretty good. A lot of our investigators we weren't able to visit this week at all, everyone seems to be sick or something came up. So we had a lot of time to find people, which is always pretty good and lots of time visiting less active members which is also really good too, because we have a lot of those here in Puerto Rico. A few days this week weren't the best because I was having a hard time with my asthma, I wasn't dying but I did notice I was having a hard time. Don't worry Mom, I'm fine now. I found out later that apparantly when the weather is hot and there isn't very much rain the hot air rises leaving space for winds from the sahara dessert in Africa to blow in bringing with them sand and dust. I know weird huh? So that mixed with a cold was why I was having a hard time. The worst was that I lost my voice for a few days and let me tell you it is really hard to be a missionary without a voice. My poor companion had to knock/yell doors by herself and teach most of our lessons by herself too because I couldn't really talk. Well a little bit but not much. I'm pretty sure that everyone we talked to thought that I can't speak Spanish because I just had to stand there awkwardly. I wanted to talk to people so bad but its not the most effective when they don't understand you too well between the raspy voice and a gringa accent. But we tried to stay inside as much as possible and on sunday I asked the elders to give me a blessing. Wow, I am so thankful for priesthood blessings. But I'm doing fine now and ready to go this next transfer. A little sad but excited too for my new area and a new companion.

I am sending some pictures, sorry I haven't sent very many lately. One of them is up on a mountain where a less active member lives. Yes believe it or not Puerto Rico has mountains and you can see all the way out to the ocean. Another one is us making Tortillas like they do in El Salvador (not like mexican style) they are a lot thicker and made of corn.

Another one is us in the Bayamon church and us with some members, the relief society president and her husband.

Anyway I have to go. Sorry there isn't much else to report. Love you all. No worries I am doing fine. I'll let you all know how things go and where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment