Monday, June 7, 2010

Exceptional Week-6 new investigators!

Hey Everyone!


Thanks for the emails this week. Wow, sounds like its been a fun week. Its crazy that its been so hot and flooding in Salt Lake, sounds like Puerto Rico! Congratulations on graduating Ab! I got your graduation announcement. Mom, said that you did an awesome job on your Madrigals concert too. That's so awesome. Have fun your last week! Hope your bike ride went well, Erin. That's crazy that its so long. One day I'll be in that good of shape. I can't believe its already June! and you are all done with school.


Time is flying by really fast. Its crazy because this transfer just has two weeks left and in two weeks we will be combining with the East mission and we will have a new President. It will be interesting to see the changes that are made. It will be sad to see President and Sister Martineau leave but our new president is really awesome too and things have gotten back to normal. This weekend was just exceptionally good. Our ward is amazing because four new people were brought to church on sunday. Madeline invited her friend Linette to young women's camp and Hermana Torro who is Linette's math teacher invited us over to her house to meet her. Hermana Torro had given her a Book of Mormon with some chapters marked and we marked another one to read. She read them all that night and came to church on sunday morning. She's really shy and quiet and I guess she was really nervous to ask her mom for permission to come to church she finally got the nerve to ask her at 11:50 saturday night. She loved it. The Negron Family's two kids both invited their friends too for the second time. Our ward is so awesome! Now its just a matter of getting permission from their parents to let us teach them the lessons. But they all really liked church. Another woman came in and sat down by me on the bench and asked me if there were missionaries that lived in her area, I said, "Well yes we do.  When can we come by and see you?" She came with a less active man that decided to come back and he invited her to come to church and she's already reading in the Book of Mormon. As we were leaving the parking lot we got a phone call from a man that got our number from a pass along card and asked where the church was so he could come next sunday!


We were knocking that night and we found two great new investigators, Felicita and Benjamin. They invited us to sit right down on their porch and started asking a ton of great questions. It was amazing! They had some really great questions and we would open up the scriptures and before we even said anything they would tell us exactly what we had wanted them to get out of the scripture. Benjamin, after reading Moroni 10:4-5, said "You've just helped me resolve one of my doubts" and then explained to us exactly what he needed to do so he could find the true church. They were so excited to receive the Book of Mormon. Before we even had a chance to invite them to church, in the middle of talking about something else Benjamin asked us when and where the church was and then said "9:00? I'll be there for sure, nine o'clock." We are really excited about them. We just had a really great day yesterday. Its been a hard transfer but I know that Heavenly Father is starting to bless us by putting people in our path for us to teach. Wow, I just love being a missionary!


Hey thanks to everyone that has sent me emails. Its so good to hear from you. I can't write back on e-mail so send me your address so I can write letters. Steph congrates on your graduation you are amazing! Crazy that Marcus is back from his mission. Katie Price! Haha sorry I guess that would be Matthews now. You are a school teacher! Hey Jake, I don't have your Spain address by the way. Anyway I love you all crazy. Keep sending me updates on your lives.


Anyway, have to go but hope you all have a great week!
Hermana Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment