Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reflections on Family


Hey Everyone,


Thanks for the emails. Things here are good. But I'll be honest its been a pretty hard week. We have very little people to teach right now. We are trying to find families and we are working harder than ever trying to find people but with not too much success. I'm really learning to be patient and put my trust in the Lord these last few weeks. We had a in-field training meeting last week and one of the APs asked who had a picture of their family with them. He had one elder hold it and told him to look at all their faces. He said "Do you miss them? Do you love them? Now think about how much you love them and that you would do anything for them to accept the gospel or stay strong in the gospel. He told us that when we teach people or find people that they are our brothers and sisters and we have to look at them or try and teach them as if they were our own family and show that much love for them. If we do that the spirit will always be there. Well I have been trying to do that, to try and think if it was you guys standing in front of me, what I wouldn't do to help you feel the spirit and accept the gospel. Well I have to say it makes it has helped me take things more seriously and it has helped the spirit be strong, but it also makes it so much harder when they reject you! But I am trying to love these people and see them like God sees them but no one really wants to listen to us lately. Everyone has their agency. All I can do is do my best and I know that Heavenly Father will put people in our path.

It has been a humbling experience to be with my companion. I am learning patience but I am learning a lot from her too. Wow, I have a lot of respect for her for why she is on a mission. She has a million reasons why she could have not come or why she could have gone home but she's here. She's dealt with a lot of really hard things in her life, really hard things. I think the things I have learned most on my mission is really how extremely blessed I have been. I have always known I have been blessed. I have a great family, I live in the states, grown up in Utah with the church, great friends and family that have always been great examples for me. I've had the opportunity to get a good education, I've never had to worry about what I am going to eat. I don't know how I've been so blessed. God has millions and millions of children, how did I get so lucky to be born into the gospel and live where I live with the family I have? I don't know. The least I can do is try and give back right? it makes me sad to see so many people around me that need the blessings of the gospel but they don't think they need it.

Well I know that this week will get better; wish I had more good stories to tell. Not much new has been going on here. Tell everyone hi for me. Tell Grandma and Grandpa hi, I wrote a letter for them and I don't know what happened to it. It was already to be sent. I'll write another one. They sent me some pictures from their cruise. One with Grandma and a monkey on her head and another with Grandpa in the water with a stingray. I was with my companion and two other sisters at the time and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. They couldn't believe that they were doing such crazy things at their age. Our grandparents are pretty awesome!

Well, love you all!










No comments:

Post a Comment